Thursday, April 23, 2009

Wordzy


Hafiz – one who has memorized the Qur’an

 
Click To Download the trial





It’s rare for a game to be both fun and educational. Luckily Wordzy is both!

Some might tell you that spending five unsuccessful minutes trying to figure out a word by guessing letters is frustrating. I beg to differ and was quite surprised when Hafiz was revealed to me when my timer ran out. To think my first choice was happy! How pedestrian of me. At the time I was playing on expert difficulty, which makes use of the full Wordzy dictionary. Normal mode uses a limited dictionary, but it doesn’t make the game any less fun! Try both levels, you might just learn a new word or two as well!

This game makes full use of Xbox Live Multiplayer, I don’t know about you but I’m getting excited! I was able to play a game against the developer a few days ago, he beat me. But it was pretty close. There are three game modes to choose from, whether you are playing single player, local multiplayer, or online.

Timed Mode

In this game there is a timer that is continually ticking down from ten thousand. The faster you get the word the more points you score. When you play this mode online, you play against the other person, whoever finishes the word first gets more points. Unfortunately you can’t see what the other person is doing in this mode, so I probably won’t play it that much.

Points Mode (the money mode)

This is my favorite style of play, Each player takes a turn at guessing the word. This is where the online play is really going to thrive. Both players play on the same board so you get to see how your opponent is thinking. Did your opponent get 4 of the 5 letters right? Too bad, your turn now. Take all the points!!


Rounds Mode
This is similar to points mode, but the winner of each round gets one point, best 2 out of 3 kind of thing.

Free Play Mode

It is what it is. For those who value chillin above all else

This game keeps track of all your high scores, as well as the scores of those you play against. Did someone totally destroy you in points mode the other day? Now you will always be reminded of this fact. :)

Scrolling through the alphabet to choose your letters is simple. You use the thumbsticks, up starts at A and down starts at Z. If you press a trigger the scroll speed increases, for those looking for more speed. The game also includes support for the chatpad. Will this be the game that finally tips my mind on the issue of purchasing one of these pads? We shall see.

Buy this game.

-Darthuvius

2 comments:

  1. Wordzy is now available on the XBOX Live Marketplace for 200 points!

    Check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would, except my XBOX is currently awaiting its coffin :( sometimes I can still get it to work for an hour or so though. Good luck on the marketplace. Ill definitely buy it when I'm able to.

    ReplyDelete